While veteran bike enthusiasts can quickly pick up the best electric bike upon his visit to a bike store, a newbie, however, needs to be extra cautious while selecting a good electric bike kit (especially if it’s his first one). You want to collect as much as information from various sources including skimming through electric bike reviews online.
Electric bikes have become the talk of the town, and they have immense respect and gaining attention from various sections across the globe because of their eco-friendly nature and advantages. No wonder, everyone wants to try out these fantastic examples of environment-friendly vehicles.
It’s not just one aspect to consider while picking up the best product when it comes to e-bikes, but a whole bunch of things need to be thought, leading to an informed decision.
To make it super-easy for our readers (dedicated to newbies), we have done plenty of intense research to figure out which is the best electric scooter in 2016. (Remember it’s not just about speed and lower price).
Best Electric Bike in 2016
- Prodeco V5 Phantom X2
- X-Treme Trail Maker
- ProdecoTech Stride 500 W
- Watseka XP Cargo-Electric Bicycle
- Yukon Trails Xplorer Sports Hybrid Electric Bike
Prodeco V5 Phantom X2
The Prodeco V5 Phantom X2 is a stylish and powerful 500-watt urban bike. It can generate a power of 720 watts and is the quiet yet sturdy bike.
Not a light-weight one out there in the market, Prodeco packs some impressive features and specifications.
Let’s look at the key features and advantages of this electric bike.
- In spite of its heavy weight, this electric bike has a foldable design.
- Easy to use and has a neat dashboard.
- It has a provision such as X7 Twist 8-speed shifter and X7 8-speed mid derailleur that makes riding easy.
- Made from aircraft grade aluminum.
- Can travel a distance of 30 miles on a single charge with a full throttle of 20mph.
- Has some greatly engineered components such as hydraulic disc brakes, SRAM X7 drivetrain, Wellgo pedals and RockShox fork.
- Wide 26 inches tires that give excellent grip while riding.
- Heaviness at the rear end of the vehicle, that’s what some users have raised concerns. It’s because the motor hub is installed at the rear end.
- LED display can be further improved.
Overall, a great electric bike that can bring a wide smile on your face.
X-Treme Trail Maker
Another great vehicle that has a 300 Watt motor located in the hub, this bike can be used for the daily commute without any issues. A 6-month warranty on the battery the bike and 90 days warranty make it further dependable product.
Some of the Key Features of X-Treme Trail Maker
- Durable aluminum alloy body.
- Lightweight Lithium Ion LiFePO4 batteries make commuting trouble free.
- Has 7 Speed Gears of Shimano Tourney and Shifter System that make the ride smooth.
- Tires are of inches are Removable PackTire.
- Can travel a distance of 20 to 25 miles per charge.
- A top speed of 20 mph can be expected.
- Has comfortable, adjustable seat.
- Has mechanical disc brakes.
- Speed can be controlled with both front and rear brakes.
- Super easy for maintenance.
- X-Treme Trail Maker seems to be little pricey, however, we felt it delivers good features and justifies its price tag.
ProdecoTech Stride 500 W
This urban bike has been dubbed as the most affordable electric bike of all and a classy one too!
Regarding the looks and design, the pearl white color of the bike looks graceful. It may be an entry level bike but has been carefully engineered by considering the usability and comforts of the rider.
Core Features and Pros
- It is made up of aluminum alloy that makes it long-lasting.
- The looks are great.
- 36-volt lithium ion battery ensures a smooth, uninterrupted ride.
- Excellent grip with 8-speed controls.
- A 500-watt gear hub planted in the rear.
- Has a suspension of 120mm HL 525.
- Top speed of 20 mph.
- Can travel 25- 35 miles on a single charge.
- Can be folded and stashed away on a wall or under the bed when needed
Watseka XP Cargo-Electric Bicycle
This is an eco-friendly hybrid electric bike that has the looks and can deliver with ease.
Some of the Remarkable Features
- Great design.
- Battery located the hub.
- It has a 250 Watts brushless motor.
- 36V removable AGM battery means a longer life.
- Has a 6 speed Shimano gear.
- Top speed can reach up to 14 mph depending on rider’s weight and chosen terrain for the ride.
- Can deliver 16-18 miles per charge.
- Lack of color options.
Yukon Trails Xplorer Sports Hybrid Electric Bike
This highly economical electric mountain bike is an excellent transport alternative. This hybrid electric bike can save you time, money and the environment. The lithium ion removable battery can generate 250 watts of power with a brushless motor.
Below are some of the aspects that made it an excellent choice of ours.
Key Features and Notable Benefits
- Black and white color combo are quite appealing.
- 36 Volts batteries.
- Top speed of 15 mph.
- Can last for 31 miles per charge.
- Comfortable and wide seat.
- Front Fork Suspension helps a smooth ride.
- If you are getting this bike from online sources, you need to struggle a bit for assembling this vehicle on your own. Having a professional to do the assembly for you will save you from hassles and time.
The Best and the Greatest?
While we picked up 5 best ones in the above collection, you can still zero-in on your decision based upon your biggest requirement. If it’s top speed, then X-Treme Trail Maker is an excellent choice. If you are looking for more power and add-on features, Prodeco Phantom v5 is a great pick.