We are back with the review of Razor e200 today. For teens between 13- 16 years, you can’t give them a Razor e100 which would be pretty small for them since it is mainly designed for kids aged between 8 – 13 years.
Teens need a bigger, sturdier scooter which offers them better power.
If you are one of those, who is looking for a good electric scooter for your kid (who is a teen now) and unable to decide whether to go ahead with Razor e200 electric scooter or not?
Hang on to this post.
We have reviewed the very product you are eyeing to buy and presented our honest opinion towards the same. Your decision becomes much easier after going through this review.
Razor E200 Electric Scooter Review
The E200 electric scooter has a full-sized outdoor patio and structure, designed for ages 13 and up and moves at accelerates to 12 miles-per-hour. It’s powered by a strong standard rechargeable 24 v Closure battery power system. Motorcycle contains a UL-certified battery charger and all the tools required for its quick set up.
Razor e200 sports a very cool and trendy design and kids would love to be on it for sure. Easy to setup – thanks to the manual that comes along with the purchase.
Razor brand needs no introduction.
Razor is a company that has a carved a niche for itself when it comes to products in the areas of modern urban alternate transportation. It’s also regarded as the leading electric scooter manufacturer.
Look and Feel
Razor e200 is taller than Razor e100 (read our full review of Razor e100)
It measures 38 x 9 x 16.5 inches and weighs 45 pounds. With green being the only choice of colour (the new model has teal colour), the body of the scooter is well built and sturdy.
The vehicle looks sleek and has a quiet, chain-driven motor. Throttling can be done using the twist grip provided on the handle. Brakes can also be operated using a hand.
Since the handle of the scooter is tall, a provision has been given to fold the handle, so that it can be stored and carried easily. Tires are of pneumatic type.
Deck and frame are full sized, and the rider gets sufficient space for standing on the vehicle.
Razor E200 e-scooter is a beast when it comes to performance. It reaches up to 12 mph which is a significant milestone for the scooters in this segment. Upon a single charge, one can enjoy a ride up to 45 minutes.
The battery needs to be charged for at least 8 hours to give sufficient power for the scooter.
Performance-wise we felt, there shouldn’t be any complaints as such even after extended period of usage.
Age Category and Weight Limit
These are the two vital aspects anyone should check before buying an electric scooter for their kids. This scooter is suitable for teens above 13 years of age and Razor e200 supports a maximum weight limit of 220 pounds.
|Top Speed(mph)||12 mph|
|Range (miles or minutes)||45 minutes|
|Max Weight Capacity||220 lbs|
|Suitable for Age||13 years|
- Razor e200 relatively lightweight and yet very strong.
- No major skills are required; All your kid needs is a couple of hours of practice, and your kid will get used to this fun toy. However, it’s important to read the manual and follow the right directions.
- It delivers great performance. It has an ultra-quiet engine, and the engine is chain-driven. It has a high-torque motor and an easy twist-grip accelerator.
- A compelling design for carrying the suggested age range. It has a spring-loaded kickstand.
- It has large 8-inch air-driven wheels for fun filled drive.
- It is vulnerable to slow-down in grassy places or harder landscape since the Razor E200 isn’t created for off-road use. This necessitates of safety gear to be worn by kids while they are on the vehicle, in case they unintentionally go off-road.
Looking for a video demonstration of Razor e200? Here is the official video by Razor.
Owing to its advantages such as its durability, easy maintenance, eco-friendliness, efficient and silent engine Razor e200 is a great pick for your kid.