Self-balancing scooters had a blazing start (literally), and they were banned soon after they started exploding and damaging properties. And since then, several safety measures should have been taken by the hoverboard manufacturers, especially UL 2272 certification (fire and safety standards).
Subsequently, we have seen the return of self-balancing electric scooters on online marketplaces.
We have been very choosy in reviewing hoverboards, and we want our readers to select not only great functioning hoverboard but a safe, certified one.
Razor HoverTrax 2.0 Self Balancing Smart Scooter – Our Review
Today, we have selected a top-notch product under Razor brand, and that’s none other than the Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Self-Balancing Smart Scooter.
Highlights of Razor HoverTrax
The first thing that we would like you to know is that the Razor Hovertrax 2.0 has been certified by UL 2272 that ensures safety standards of the vehicle. Talking about this hoverboard brings us to mention the brand name to be a significant advantage.
Talking about this hoverboard, it’s come straight from a mega-brand in alternate transportation, Razor.
Think about it; Razor is not among those new companies that come and go. Instead, Razor is a reputable brand that has been into manufacturing electric scooters ever since 2000. And, that is quite some time, and there are absolutely no doubts that the company is ever improving its products both regarding usability and safety aspects.
Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Self-Balancing Smart Scooter is a promising product by Razor. Some of the highlights of the product are as under;
- Like any other self-balancing scooter, Razor HoverTrax also gives you the advantage of urban commuting
- It is compact which means it takes tiny space to move around
- No need to get a parking space
- It can cruise you through a crowded street, visit the neighbourhood or travel inside an office compound
- Most importantly it is a new source of green energy that can save the renewable sources
Features of the Razor Hovertrax 2.0
- Design – The Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Self-Balancing Smart Scooter is an excellent example of smart and innovative design. Moreover, the engineering that goes into it is also quite remarkable. It is designed with state of the art technique and also comes with a very sleek appearance.
- Technology – Talking of engineering, we need to applaud the depth of research and hard work that Razor had undertaken for developing this electric scooter. The EverBalance technology makes it safe for a smoother ride and trouble-free mounting. No wonder, this makes it suitable even for 8-year-olds! Add to it some cooler features like LED battery-life monitor, LED light bars, and fender bumpers. All this add up to make it a real good deal for anyone who is fond of hoverboards.
- Quality – Razor is known for high-quality products in recreational urban transportation vehicles. Hence there is no compromise on quality here.
- Safety – With the accreditation from UL 2272 the Razor Hovertrax 2.0 has been touted as one of the best hoverboards that we see around. With controlled ways of speeding and different riding modes, it has become one of the most talked about electric scooters for sure.
- Low on maintenance – It can take care on its own as it does not require heavy maintenance. All you need to keep in mind is to keep it charged whenever you need it. Keeping a periodic check on the batteries can help you in more than one way.
- Good looking electric scooter
- Available in two more colours – white and blue
- Can speed up to 8+ mph that is assisted by silent 350-watt motors
- You can get a run time of 60 minutes (depends on weight and terrain as well)
- Can support a weight of 220 lbs
- Scratch and shatter resistant
- Light in weight
- Quiet movements
- Reasonably priced
- Assembly is not required
- Not unique to this product, though, there is always a learning curve before you master the art of riding a hoverboard. Don’t rush and take your time to learn the art.
To conclude this review, we tried to cover some key aspects of Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Self-Balancing Smart Scooter. Now you must be able to decide for yourself if this is the right choice.
Razor hoverTrax is rightly priced and even certified by a governing body as already mentioned which means it gives you more than one reason to let things go into its favour. Yes, you need to master the art of riding it like any other vehicle, and once you do so, it becomes your second nature. Are you still contemplating?
Disclaimer: Make sure you adhere to local laws while riding on self-balancing scooters and follow the right instructions for riding them. ElectricScootersGuide.com doesn’t take any responsibility for the damages or mishaps arising from the use of this product.