This is the age of the multi-channel television. You get access to various sports channels beaming the latest live motorcycle racing events all over the world. You should not blame the children if they wish to emulate their idols. In fact, you should be encouraging them to do so. One sure way of doing it is by ordering this Razor MX650 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike from www.amazon.com.
Key Features of the Product
This is a high quality bike ideal for teenagers just old enough to drive. You can go up to speeds of 17 mph on this bike. That would be the ideal speed for your teenager. This bike runs on a rechargeable battery. A full charge would enable an uninterrupted run for about 40 minutes. That would translate into about 10 km.
You need not worry about refilling the gas frequently. You can just plug in the charger at night and the bike is ready for riding in the morning. The dual suspensions and the high handlebars enable a smooth ride for your teenager. You need not worry about the terrain as the high wheel carry can make you skim through any surface with ease.
The main ingredient of a motocross bike is its tires. This bike has a 16-inch and 14-inch pneumatic knobby tires enabling a perfect grip on smooth as well as rough terrain.
Features at a Glance
- Excellent throttle acceleration control with a twist grip
- Sturdy double crown fork
- Excellent tires to have a perfect grip on the road
- Metal foot pegs
- Powerful hand-operated disc brakes
- Adjustable handlebars
- Chain driven motor
- Excellent battery rechargeable any number of times
- Tool box
- Electric motor with a 650 watt capacity
- You can use the bike for 40 minutes on a single charge
- Two 12V lead acid leak proof batteries
- The battery takes eight hours for a full charge
- You can reach a maximum speed of 17 mph
- The bike can bear a maximum weight of 220 pounds
- Ideal for use for children 16 years and above
Every product in the world would be having its pros and cons. This bike is of course not different in any way. Let us examine its pros and cons.
- Easy to install – The product comes with an installation guidance booklet. Any person with a basic knowledge of mechanics can easy assemble the bike within a quarter of an hour.
- Strong and sturdy body – Children will be children. They will use the product in a rough and tough manner. Fortunately, this bike can withstand their tantrums. This product can take a decent beating and still be game for more rides.
- Strong suspension – This is necessary for the bumpy motocross tracks. The strong suspension can save your children’s bones from breaking.
- Excellent brakes – The disc brakes enable the bike to stop immediately on its tracks without skidding the moment you press them.
- Perfect speed – The bike can go up to a maximum speed of 17 mph. This is the perfect and optimum speed for children.
- Convenient for the pocket – You need not run high gas bills. The bike runs on rechargeable batteries. Plug in during the night and the bike is ready in the morning.
- Adjustable handlebars – Tall children can easily ride this bike by just raising the handle bar.
- Does not make much sound – Gas-powered bikes can make a sound huge enough to disturb the neighbors. This bike is a silent one.
- No age or gender bar – The product advertises that children more than 16 years can ride the bike. In fact, even an 8-year old child can ride it. So too can a 50-year old woman.
- Mileage -Children are usually below 80 lbs. Under such circumstances, the bike can run for more than 40 minutes on a single charge.
- Worth the price – You may not find a better bike at this price.
- The product is a Chinese make. As long it runs, it is OK.
- The original batteries are good. However, you can find better replacement batteries in the market.
- The bike tends to get a little hot after about quarter of an hour.
- It is not easy to find spare parts for the main items such as seat bracket etc.
- It is great for rough terrain. However, on smooth roads you have to be extra careful.
- The chain appears to be small for the bike.
- There is no key lock or handle lock system. You have to take care to avoid theft.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does this bike require registration with the local transport authorities?
Usually electricity powered bikes do not require any registration with transport authorities. However, you should check out the local laws.
- Does it require maintenance as other regular bikes?
Yes. Every motor vehicle requires regular maintenance. You should use good quality grease or lubricating oil on the chain.
- Do I have to assemble the bike?
Yes. The product comes with an easy-installation guide. Anyone can easily assemble the bike.
- Does the product come with a spare battery?
No. You get only one battery. You can purchase a replacement battery from the market. However, we advise you not to change the batteries as long as they are functional.
Considering the points enumerated above, this motocross bike looks to be a decent buy. The product is a good one. It is the perfect way of initiating your kids into motocross racing.
However, you should advise your children to observe safety measures. They should wear the safety gear such as helmet, knee guards, as well as elbow guards. This can save them for injuries. You should also inculcate the habits of safe driving among the children.
To sum up, this is a bike worth buying for children less than eighteen years of age. This could be the perfect preliminary training ground for the children to graduate to a high-powered bike later on in life.