One of the very common question that an electric scooter enthusiast would ask is ‘how fast an electric scooter can go’?
Due to their design, electric scooters always have limited speed and can’t match with their counterparts such as a gas-driven scooter. Having said that, makers are improvising the products to handle more speed with their newer models.
We decided to conduct an extensive research and present you 3 fastest electric scooters you can take a look at today.
To come up with this ranking, we have not just taken their top speed into consideration, but other factors such as,
- Efficiency of the vehicle
- Availability of the scooter
- Looks of the whole thing
- Comfortable seating (See our top picks for electric scooters with seat)
- Performance of the electric scooter
- Brand value
- Affordability of the scooter
- Value for your money based on functioning
- Environment friendliness
3 Fastest Electric Scooters in 2016
Last updated: 28-May 2017
- UberScoot 1600 Watts Electric Scooter
- Black Turbo 1000 Watts Electric Scooter
- UbserScoot 1000 Watts Electric Scooter
Now, let’s look in detail how these each model fare in various aspects. It’s not about just their wattage and speed; it’s all about overall rating and compatibility to your requirements and budget.
Top Speed: About 30 Mph
Suitable Age: Adults
Power: 1600 Watts
UberScoot Powerboards, formerly known as Evo Powerboards has always used cutting edge technology to manufacture quality scooters. The engineering of their products is solely based on the state of the art technique that makes them an industry leader. They are a company that has been well known as a quality electric scooter manufacturer for years now.
The UberScoot 1600 Watts scooter is a high-performance electric scooter that has great looks and delivers as per its designated speed. I
- This electric scooter is foldable
- The motor has a capacity of 1600 watts and is brushless
- Can conserve battery with different modes to work with
- Battery life is of 250 cycles
- Can travel for 12 miles an hour depending on the weight of the rider
- Pneumatic Knobby Tires are 12 inches
- Very fast and quick to move around with
- Comfortable seating included
- Comes with a 60-day replacement warranty from the manufacturer
- One thing that most users have a complaint about is the price which quite high for this scooter. However, if you look at the performance, solid built and additional benefits, it will make it clear why the price has been kept high
- Again some would say that the seat is little wobbly, but that depends on how you assemble it. Other than this it is good to go, and there are no doubts about the UberScoot 1600 to be a great electric scooter of your choice
Top Speed: About 26 Mph
Suitable age: 12+ years
Power: 1000 Watts
Super Cycles and Scooters is a big name in the world of electric scooter manufacturing without a second thought. They are a market leader and because of this popularity, cheap duplicates of their products have surfaced to rise. They are dealing with at their level, and they have re-introduced their scooters with patented technology.
Mention has to be made about the Black Super Turbo 1000watt Elite in this line of discussion as it had also been reworked on to make it more durable. There is more to it like:
- Good looking electric scooter
- 36 volts motor can produce 1000 watts of power
- It can spin swiftly creating 3000 rpm
- This means it can speed up to a range of 26 mph
- Has a LED headlight
- Quality electric scooter
- Front swinger is mono shock absorbent
- Comes with a 90-day warranty on parts
- A warranty of 1 year on the motor makes it an authentic product
- Some may have a grudge against the scooter not reaching the 26 mph range, but it must be noted that this is a factor that depends on many factors like the weight of the rider, terrain riding and climatic conditions
Top Speed: About 24-26 Mph
Suitable age: 12+ years
Power: 1000 Watts
Ever since Evo Powerboards became UberScoot Powerboards, their products have improved to a large extent. Their innovative designs and top notch engineering have made them one of a kind. Likewise, the UberScoot 1000w is one of the best electric scooters when it comes to speed and you can put your trust into.
This adult scooter is loaded with features that are hard to find in any scooter at this price. Here is a compiled list of its features that will bowl you over:
- It is albeit a good looking scooter
- It works with chain mechanism
- The chain motor is driven by 1000 Watts
- It uses 3 12V/12AH batteries which mean it can produce 36 volts of power
- Battery can last for 250 cycles
- All it takes are 4 to 8 hours of time for charging
- Can run 10 mph
- Have 10 inches Pneumatic tires
- Can support a weight up to 265 pounds which are like quite a lot
- Warranty of 60 days makes it a good deal to strike
- It is recommended for 12+ years
- Advice to younger riders would wear safety
Some customers have complained about the scooter is not supportive enough. This depends on many factors like the terrain you are riding on and the weight of the rider. You need to find out what climatic pressures can a scooter live up to the maximum as well. Hands down, this one of the best electric scooters around and you can trust the brand name if not anything else.
Declaring one product amongst these 3 as the winner is not an easy task, the fact is all of them are winners. Talking solely about speed, UberScoot 1600 is indeed the fastest electric scooter out there. When it comes to price, it costliest amongst the three too! Hence if top speed is your ultimate need and wants to experience that thrill-ride, UbseScoot 1600 watt electric scooter is a great choice.
If your budget is on the lighter side, UbserScoot 1000 watts and Black Turbo Elite fit nicely to your budget while not much compromising on the speed aspects. You can see that the price difference is huge between 1600 watt model and 1000 watt one.
We hope this comparison helped you to learn and understand about various fastest electric scooters available today.